Netflix keeps a record of all registered devices, which is one of the cleverest security safeguards the company offers. You can do this to delete devices that you don’t recognize or don’t want to clear for streaming, as well as to monitor who is logging into your account and from where.
You can’t simply sign out of a device to prevent it from accessing your Netflix account. Change your Netflix password instead, then sign out of all devices to make sure they are all removed from the list of registered devices.
By simply deleting it from your list of registered devices, you can also unregister a device from Netflix. On desktop and mobile, follow these instructions.
How to remove a device from Netflix on desktop
- Go to Netflix’s website on a desktop web browser and sign in with your username and password.
- On the “Who’s watching?” screen, click on the profile you want to remove the device from.
- Click the small profile icon in the top right corner and then click Account to be taken to your settings page.
- Scroll down until you reach the Settings section and click Manage download devices.
- Find the device you wish to remove from your Netflix account and click Remove device.
- Your selected device will be removed from Netflix and you will receive a green confirmation message on your screen letting you know this action has been completed. All downloads on the device will be removed and the device will no longer have downloading permissions in the future unless re-added
How to remove a device from Netflix on mobile
- Open the Netflix app on your mobile device.
- On the “Who’s watching?” screen, tap on the profile you want to remove the device from.
- Tap the small profile icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Account to go to your account settings screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap Manage Download Devices.
- Below the device, you want to delete, tap Remove Device.
- The device will now be removed from Netflix, along with any downloads that may be on it. You can always re-add the device later if you want to start downloading from it again.