Although some claim that “the internet is everlasting,” this is not true. You’re in luck if you decide to take down a video you posted on YouTube.
From the website or your smartphone, you can remove any of your YouTube videos.
How to delete a YouTube video on a computer
1. Head to the YouTube website and log into your account (if you haven’t already), and then click your profile picture in the top-right corner.
2. Select the YouTube Studio option.
3. In the left sidebar, click the Content button, which is shaped like a square with a play button inside.
4. Hover your mouse over the video you want to delete, and then click the three dots that appear.
5. Select Delete Forever, and then confirm your choice.
How to delete a YouTube video on your phone
Using the official YouTube app or the YouTube Studio app are the two options for deleting YouTube videos from your smartphone.
Using the official YouTube app
1. Start the YouTube app on your iPhone or Android, and then tap your profile picture in the top-right corner.
2. Select Your channel, and then Videos at the top of the screen.
3. Tap Manage Videos in the top-right to open a list of all your videos. Find the one you want to delete and tap the three dots to its right.
5. Tap Delete.
Using the YouTube Studio app
1. Open YouTube Studio and tap the stacked three lines in the top-left.
2. Select Videos.
3. Tap the video that you want to delete, then tap the pencil icon at the top of the screen.
4. This will opening the video editing screen. Tap the gear icon, and then Delete From YouTube at the bottom of the page.