How to post GIFs on Instagram
GIFs can also be posted on Instagram by users. However, sharing GIFs on Instagram is different from posting GIFs on other platforms. Here is a full explanation to assist you with the same. Continue reading and keep an eye out for anything. GIFs can be uploaded to Instagram in two different methods. You can access GIPHY in two different ways: first, through the mobile GIPHY app, and second, through the desktop website. The following section will go over both of these approaches.
Through the GIFs application
The procedure for uploading GIFs to the Instagram app is really straightforward. As was previously stated, there are two methods for publishing GIFs. GIFs could be posted either using the desktop application or through the mobile version. The first one uses the GIF app. The method is really easy to follow. To post GIFs on Instagram, adhere to the instructions listed below.
- The first step to post GIFs on Instagram is to open the GIPHY mobile application.
- After this, tap on the arrow option that you see just down the GIF.
- Once you are done with this, the next step is to tap on the button. This will direct you toward a page where you will be given a lot of options for various social media applications.
- Select the Instagram icon that you see among various other options.
- As you tap on the Instagram button, you would then be automatically directed toward your Instagram account of yours.
- You would then be given two options. The options are as follows:
- Add a GIF to your Instagram feed as a post.
- Add a GIF to the Instagram story and select any option as per your requirement and need.
- In case, you have selected the first option which is to add GIF to your Instagram feed as a post, then you would be pushed towards a post that will have fifteen seconds of looped GIF.
- Whereas, on the other hand, if you have selected the second option, that is add a GIF to your Instagram story of yours, you will be pushed toward the story editing page which will again have 15 seconds of looped GIF.
Through the desktop
As you already know how to upload a GIF using a mobile device, let’s move on to learning how to upload a GIF using a desktop computer. In the part below, the post includes comprehensive, step-by-step instructions on how to submit a GIF to Instagram using a desktop.
- The first step as you could assume is to open up your browser and then visit the giphy.com website.
- Once you’re done with the first step, select the GIF that you wish to post on your Instagram account.
- As you have selected the GIF, the next step would be to tap on the GIF that you wish to post.
- As you tap on the GIF, you would then be directed toward the GIF detailed page.
- You will see the Instagram upload icon towards the right side corner of the GIFs page.
- Tap on the Instagram upload icon that you see on the page.
- As you tap on it, you would then receive a notification that pops up on your screen in the form of an e-mail.
- You are then required to enter your e-mail ID of yours and hit the send button.
- After this, the GIPHY application would e-mail you the GIF of the MP4 version.
- You could then download this MP4 version of the GIF on your device and then could upload it anywhere you want to be specifically on the Instagram profile.
The key thing to keep in mind is that you may resize these GIFs to make sure they are appropriately displayed in your Instagram stories or feed by expanding or squeezing the screen. This was all about using your desktop to upload GIFs to your Instagram account.
One of the best apps that have garnered widespread appeal, especially among young people, is Instagram. It’s not just for pleasure; it’s also a fantastic platform for boosting awareness of your company’s goods or services.
It is becoming more than just a platform for entertainment. Many people utilize Instagram to become well-known as Instagram influencers. You can use the advice in the piece above if you want to popularize yourself on Instagram or become an influencer there.