Your online life can be made simpler by deleting accounts. However, calling the process of deleting your eBay account straightforward would be inaccurate.
If your account is in good standing and there are no outstanding balances or ongoing transactions, it might take up to 30 days to completely close out after you have completed the lengthy and labor-intensive process.
The steps to successfully delete your eBay account and all related data are as follows:
How to delete your eBay account
- Go to ebay.com on your PC or Mac and log into your account, if needed.
- Hover the cursor over your name in the upper-left corner of the screen and click “Account settings.”
- If necessary, click the “Account” tab, and then under “Account preferences” select “Close account.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the article and click the blue “Close account and delete my data” button.
- Select a reason for leaving from the drop-down menu to close your account.
- Select a more specific reason from the options given and then click “Continue.”
- Confirm that you want to close your account by selecting “No, please close my account” from the drop-down menu and then clicking “Continue” again.
- Tick the box next to “I read and understand the above information” and click “Continue.”
Closing your account prevents you from accessing your sales history, selling products, using the email address associated with that account on eBay, or reopening your account after it has been canceled, as the website repeatedly reminds you while going through this procedure.